Jul 20, 2018

Concept phase


At first you have to decide what kind of emotional or mental state you are going to portray. In our case it will be anxiety and depression. To create believable impression I have collected series of pictures that represented people's associations with those disorders and made my mood board. You can make your own one as big as you want . If you need to have more information I would recommend to prepare small questionnaire and let people answer it. 

After that you have to pick out environment and visual style you will be using. In my case I chose a small student room as basic environment. 

Once you have collected enough visual material write out a few keywords for yourself. Later It will help you in creating desired effects. For example the keywords for anxiety are: bright, overwhelming, uneasy, agitated. 

Here is an idea, based on the mood board, questionnaire and keywords, I have got for the scenes. 

To create the feeling of anxiety I will use: 
  • Sharp bright lighting and shadows; 
  • Strong black/white contrast; 
  • Different angle of camera; 
  • Lowered point of view of the player; 
  • Grain; 

To create the feeling of depression I will use: 
  • Dim lighting; 
  • A lot of gray; 
  • Deformed assets; 
  • Very strong vignette; 
  • Bloom;

No comments:

Post a Comment