Jul 22, 2018

Post-Processing

The second important part of the process is post-processing effects. In order to be able to see and set them up, first you need to “Create>Post-Processing Profile”. Then you drag and drop it onto your main camera. If you click on the profile you can see all the effects and their settings that can be tweaked. 



As there are quite a few effects, I recommend to play around with it yourself. The one effect that I usually tend to turn on in all the scenes is “Anti-aliasing”. It takes care of the sharpness and smoothness of edges on your objects depending on a value.

For the first room I used only “Grain” effect, to create a slight distortion. 






For the second room I used “Bloom” to make the light seem a bit less sharp. I also used “Vignette” with the following settings.



It obstructs and limits area of view as well as makes everything even more dark. Because of that the player can only see the parts of the environment that I wanted to have visual focus on. 

Final touches


At this point you are pretty much done. The one thing I would recommend is to try out different angles and points of view of your main camera. This is a very simple, but visually effective trick.



That’s it for this tutorial, thank you for following it with me. If you have any questions, comments or ideas feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment