Jul 22, 2018

Lighting

Now the first important part for our scenes comes - lighting. The color, intensity and the strength of shadows all depend on the type of atmosphere you are trying to create. 

When it comes to lighting inanimate objects you have a choice to make your meshes “Static”. It affects how well the surfaces will receive lighting information. Turning it on has sense if you know that those objects are not going to move. Here is an example what a room would look like with and without the function on:







For my first scene I will not make my environment static. I want to have very sharp light and very defined shadows. It is needed to create strong black and white contrast. 


I am placing only one “Point Light” in the scene, turning “Indirect multiplier” down to 0 and drastically increasing it’s range. It’s intensity is set around 4. After experimenting with the placement I found this one to be matching my idea. With this type of light its position can create a variety of intense contrast. 





The second room is static. Here I am using 2 lights, very dim and of grayish color. Another source of lighting is the TV screen. Here I am using simple shader with “Emission” on and the color brought up to HDR.




No comments:

Post a Comment